Iran tourist visa is required for Afghan citizens. Among other types of Iran visa, the tourist visa is the easiest for Afghan citizens. Like the other nationalities, the stay can be for a period of up to 45 days and the visa expires 3 months after being issued.
Iran travel agents cannot support Iran visa applications for Afghan citizens since the applicant is required to be present when applying. It means that the Afghan passport holder must apply directly in one of Iran’s consulates located in Kabul, Herat, Mazar Sharif, Kandahar, or Jalalabad.
To grease the wheels, an Afghan citizen who has a permanent residence card or passport from another country can get an Iran tourist visa easier.
Read also: Iran Tourist Visa Application Form
Step to step process of Iran tourist visa for Afghan citizens
- Step 1: Refer in Person to the nearest Iran embassy.
- Step 2: Fill out the application and provide the other required documents.
- Step 3: Make the payment and submit the visa application at the embassy of Iran.
- Step 4: Once your Iran visa application is approved, you will be notified by e-mail.
- Step 5: Pickup your passport from the Iran embassy.
Iran tourist visa requirements for Afghan citizens
Below documents are required for applying Iran tourist visa and a visa authorization code from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs: (only for the 3rd country passport holder Afghans)
- Passport Photo (no older than 6 months)
- Passport (with at least 6 months validity and at least 2 blank pages)
- Visa Fee
- Iran Visa Application Form
Moreover, the below documents are also required by the Iran embassy/consulate:
- Invitation Letter: A letter from your relative or friend or company inviting you to visit and their relationship with you.
- Travel Bookings: A round-trip flight reservation for Iran. (Don’t purchase until your visa is approved)
- Accommodation Booking: Hotel reservation in Iran for the duration of your visit. (Don’t purchase until your visa is approved)
- Travel Insurance: Proof of travel insurance for Iran with the certificate of Insurance.
- Bank Statement: A recent monthly bank statement of the applicant from Afghanistan.
Read also: How to get travel insurance for Iran?
What are Iran tourist visa conditions for Afghan citizens?
After offering your visa application request to the embassy, you should wait until your application passes all required process within 10 business days. Sometimes, the embassy or consulate informs you that you must have a visa interview, and you will need to attend the session with the consular officer.
Does Iran have any Embassy or Consulate in Afghanistan?
The nearest Iran diplomatic mission offices to Afghanistan for guidance are located in:
Herat, Kabul, Jalal-Abad, Mazar Sharif and Kandahar.
How much is an Iran tourist visa for Afghan Citizens?
Depending on the type of visa and place of collection, the price of an Iran visa for Afghan citizens can be different.
Leaveabode’s Iran tourist visa service fee for Afghans with a third-country passport is 15 Euros for securing the visa grant notice. The Visa collection fee to pay to the embassy or airport is approximately 75 Euros. The exact amount may change over time but it totally is at a reasonable price.
Also check out: Iran visa fee
Are Afghans allowed to enter Iran visa-free?
The free trade zones of Iran are open to tourists of different nationalities to travel visa fees for 14 days. Currently, Afghan nationalities are excluded. But it is recommended to get updated by asking an Iran embassy since the rules may change.
Also read: Iran’s free trade zones
Also check out: Iran visa free countries
Is Iran VOA (Visa On Arrival) issued for Afghan citizens?
According to the immigration law of Iran, Afghan citizens who carry Afghan passports can’t obtain an airport visa.
But Afghans who travel on a third-country passport can get an On Arrival Visa at the Foreign Ministry offices at Iran international airports. However, Iran VOA is not issued for the passport holders of the UK, US and Canadian.
Read also: Iran International Airports