I am an Irish passport holder. I applied for an Iran visa through evisa.mfa.ir 2 weeks ago but I have been rejected. Can I apply for a visa on arrival once landing in Tehran?
First of all, an Iran visa on arrival is only for tourist purposes so the following passport holders are not granted to enter Iran on this kind of visa:
- Diplomatic/ Service passports holders
- The applicants whose previous attempts to get Iran visa has been rejected
Thus you can not apply for a VOA.
However, the applicants are required to have:
1. Passport with at least 6 months validity
2. One passport-size photo
3. Airport visa fees: depending on the nationality
4. Submit proof of one of these:
- Contact details of the hotel in which they will stay
- Contact details for the travel agent who applies for your services
- Invitation letter
Read more about Iran visa on arrival eligible nationalities.
There are entry bans for some nationalities thus it is advisable to apply for a visa beforehand through an official travel agency. Once approved an authorization code will be sent to you. Then you can collect your visa at the airport with that code.
We answer all questions about Iran. If you also have any questions, just send us a note.