As an EU citizen can I get a VOA upon landing in Tehran without an authorization code? I know that I can get a pre-approval but I was told that if I am willing to wait in line for some time I can get the VOA by presenting my passport, PCR test, etc. can anybody please confirm?
Thank you in advance
First of all, an Iran visa on arrival is only for tourist purposes so the following passport holders are not granted to enter Iran on this kind of visa:
- Diplomatic/ Service passports holders
- The applicants whose previous attempts to get an Iran visa have been rejected
The applicants are required to have:
- Passport with at least 6 months’ validity
- One passport-size photo
- Airport visa fees: depending on the nationality
- Submit the proof of one of these:
- Contact details of the hotel in which they will stay
- Contact details for the travel agent who applies for your services
- Invitation letter
Read more about Iran visa-eligible nationalities.
There are entry bans for some nationalities thus it is advisable to apply for a visa beforehand through an official travel agency in order to avoid the risk of rejection- and then collect your visa at the airport with the authorization code.
We answer all questions about Iran. If you also have any questions, just send us a note.