Is it possible for British passport holders crossing Iran in their own car? What documents are needed and where we should refer to?
The nationalities of the US, UK and Canada are not allowed to enter Iran in their own vehicle anymore. It was allowed before but the rules changed and the only way is to transit the vehicle on tow to the next border. Other nationalities, can cross Iran by their own car.
Required documents to enter Iran are:
- Iran visa: Since the E-visa website is not prompt, we recommended applying through our visa service and getting authorized in 2 working days.
- Carnet de passage to enter Iran: You can apply through a company in your country. The better option is to get the carnet de passage at the Iran border. You have to apply before arriving at the border. The only possible borders are Armenian, Turkish and Azerbaijan that we can help with.
Here are some useful links:
- Find a list of the Iranian Consulates all around the world: Iranian Embassies/Consulates
- You can find all the necessary information about Iran visas for any nationality: Iran visa
- Read more about: US, UK & Canadian Citizens Visiting Iran
- And finally, you can find a collection of questions about Iran visas here: Iran Visa Questions