Iran Travel Questions

Driving license



I am planning my next holidays in early May in Iran, making a self-drive tour with my husband.

The rental company says that we don’t need the International license ( for the First 6 months), can you confirm this? Because on my Italian website Farnesina Viaggiare sicuri I read the opposite.




As the driver of a van, minibus, trailer, caravan, automobile, motorcycle, or bicycle you need to prepare the following documents and keep them until crossing the border of Iran:


  1. Passport with Iran visa stamp
  2. International driving license
  3. Carnet de passage( if you are entering Iran in your own car)
  4. Documents of the vehicle
  5. Insurance


Please notice that no kind of Iran visa is issued at the land borders so the travelers who want to travel into Iran overland (crossing through the land borders) need to have their visa beforehand.

You can apply for your visa through this link.



We answer all questions about Iran. If you also have any questions, just send us a note. 

Iran Visa

Airport Transfer

CIP Service

Hotel Booking


SIM Card

Related Articles

Add a Comment

Your email address will not be published.



City Tour

Hike & Trek Tours

Meet Locals Tours

Biking Tours

Wild Life Tours


Rate & Share

Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]