Tehran Imam Khomeini International Airport
What you will read in this article are:
- IATA: IKA
- ICAO: OIIE
- Location: Ahmadabad, Tehran, Iran
- Hub for: Iran Air, Mahan Air, Qeshm Air
- Elevation AMSL: 3,305 ft / 1,007 m
- Coordinates: 35°24′58″N 051°09′08″E
- Website: ikac.ir
Tehran Imam Khomeini Airport is the primary international airport in the country, located 30 km southwest of Tehran. Along with Mehrabad International Airport, Imam Khomeini Airport is one of the two international airports in Tehran. Almost all international flights in Tehran are currently done through this airport and all domestic flights through Mehrabad Airport.
IKA ranks third in terms of total passenger traffic in Iran after Tehran Mehrabad Airport and Mashhad Airport. The airport hosts more than 40 airlines with 700 flights a week to 30 countries. Imam Khomeini Airport is one of the first airports equipped with a flight control tower simulator in Iran.
Iran Visa at IKA Airport
At IKA airport, all non-Iranian tourists from different countries except the United States, Canada, Colombia, Britain, Pakistan, Iraq, Afghanistan, Jordan, Bangladesh and Somalia can get a two-week on-arrival tourist visa. In the passport section that is a part of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, airport visas are issued.
Apply for your Iran visa through LeaveAbode visa service and collect your Iran visa at IKA airport.
What are IKA airport facilities?
- IKA Airport Store: There are many shops at Imam Khomeini Airport that offer a variety of goods from luxury goods to souvenirs of different cities of Iran.
- IKA Airport CIP Services: Leave the check-in queues, hand over your documents and rest in the CIP lounge. Catering with a variety of delicious snacks and drinks, relaxation in comfortable rooms, free internet access is awaiting you.
- IKA Airport Car Rental: Car rental offices located at Imam Airport help these people with a variety of luxury and economical cars.
- IKA Airport Restaurant: There are many restaurants, fast food and coffee shops at Imam Khomeini Airport that serve you a variety of foods, snacks, cakes, pastries and delicious drinks.
- IKA Airport Banks and Exchange Offices: There are several bank and exchange offices at IKA Airport both in the entrance hall and in the exit hall.
- Free Wi-Fi Internet: To use the airport internet, you must ask for the password from the person in charge at the time of delivery.
- IKA Airport hotels: Two large and luxury hotels, 4-star Ibis and 5-star, are located at the IKA Airport. These hotels are built by the Accor Hotel Group of France on 7 floors. Amenities include a private bathroom, flat-screen TV and free toiletries. Imam Airport hotels are suitable for travelers who need to rest until their flight time arrives. IKA airport hotels have a short stay, 3, 5 and 10 hours. The two hotels are connected to Terminal 1 by a sky bridge passing through the airport metro station.
IKA Airport Terminals and Airlines
Imam Khomeini International Airport has three terminals of which, only one is active now. About 6 million passengers can be transported through this terminal each year.
It should be noted that there may be changes to this info. For the recent information about flights at IKA Airport, you can contact the airport directly or get in touch with us.
The following airlines operate passenger flights at IKA International Airport:
- Aeroflot: Moscow–Sheremetyevo
- AnadoluJet: Istanbul–Sabiha Gökçen, Ankara, İzmir
- Armenia Airways: Yerevan
- ATA Airlines: Kazan, Najaf, Batumi, Denizli, İzmir, Tbilisi
- Austrian Airlines: Vienna
- Bravo Airways: Kyiv–Zhuliany
- Buta Airways: Baku
- Cham Wings Airlines: Damascus
- Emirates: Dubai–International
- Flydubai: Dubai–International
- Iran Air: Amsterdam, Ankara, Baghdad, Baku, Barcelona, Beirut, Cologne/Bonn, Dubai–International, Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Gothenburg, Hamburg, Istanbul, Karachi, Kuwait, London–Heathrow, Madrid, Milan–Malpensa, Mumbai, Najaf, Paris–Charles de Gaulle, Rome–Fiumicino, Stockholm–Arlanda, Tbilisi, Vienna, Denizli, Isparta, İzmir, Jeddah, Medina, Moscow–Sheremetyevo
- Iran Aseman Airlines: Istanbul, Izmir, Najaf, Isparta, Moscow–Vnukovo
- Iraqi Airways: Baghdad, Najaf, Nasiriyah
- Kuwait Airways: Kuwait
- Lufthansa: Frankfurt
- Mahan Air: Almaty, Ankara, Baku, Bangkok–Suvarnabhumi, Beijing–Capital, Caracas, Damascus, Delhi, Dubai–International, Erbil, Guangzhou, Istanbul, Kabul, Kuala Lumpur–International, Lahore, Moscow–Vnukovo, Najaf, Shanghai–Pudong, Shenzhen, Sulaimaniyah, Athens, Casablanca, Colombo–Bandaranaike, Denizli, Denpasar/Bali, Goa, Isparta, İzmir, Larnaca, Marrakesh, Mauritius, Phuket, Saint Petersburg, Sochi, Varna
- Meraj Airlines: Baghdad, Denizli, Goa, Istanbul, Najaf
- Nordwind Airlines: Moscow–Sheremetyevo, Saint Petersburg
- Oman Air: Muscat
- Pegasus Airlines: Istanbul–Sabiha Gökçen
- Qatar Airways: Doha
- Qeshm Air: Brussels, Hamburg, Istanbul, Najaf, Denizli, İzmir, Larnaca, Sochi, Tbilisi, Varna, Yerevan
- SalamAir: Muscat
- Taban Air: Muscat, Najaf, Tbilisi, Yerevan
- Turkish Airlines: Istanbul
How to get to IKA airport?
There are bus, taxi and metro options for your transport. You can also choose to have the prearranged LeaveAbode airport transfer service to experience comfortable cars, helpful drivers and reasonable rates. This service is the best way to transfer between IKA airport and anywhere else in the whole of Iran.
- Taxi: Those are available outside the main building. However, you need to walk for 1-2 mins.
- Metro: Line 8 of Tehran Metro goes to the IKA Airport. If you have a lot of luggage, it will not be easy to use the subway.
- Bus: The buses of IKA Airport depart from Terminal 4 of Mehrabad Airport every hour. Those have a stop in Azadi Square as well.
How to transfer from airport?
If you’ve just stepped off a plane, tired of a long flight, there can be no better comfort than a suitable car and an assistant driver to transfer directly to your destination. LeaveAbode transfers are available in all the cities across Iran, taking you directly from the airport to your destination. Our drivers are hand-picked and locally knowledgeable, so feel free to ask them for tips or advice on what to do during your stay.
Have a question yet?
In this article, we tried to offer all the necessary information about IKA airport. If you still have a question or want more information, be sure to ask us in the comments to be answered in a timely manner.